If you are a self-helper the section Other Reading Material contains a list of books from a wealth of talented people – all of which have influenced my thinking. In addition, you can tap into Google itself as well as numerous groups, forums, blog enthusiasts and a global network of official Google Analytics Certified Partners. I list these below.
If you like my approach to web measurement and optimisation, you can hire me (and the team) via Search Integration. We are an international consultancy that specialise in growing data expertise in-house i.e. not the usual retainer model. Located in Helsingborg, south Sweden, we work with major organisations/brands across Europe (and a few in the US).
Other resources from me:
- LinkedIn Group – aimed at readers of my books, or like minded data inquisitive people, I regularly contribute and post questions myself. Spam free!
- @BrianClifton – I tweet when I have something interesting to say (rare for Twitter I know!). This is when I come across interesting articles/books/presentations/news, that I feel would be of use to similar minded people. Typically I do this is a couple of times a week.
- Verified Data – A Google Analytics audit tool taking a systematic and forensic approach to data quality and governance. Note, this is my own development based on the methods I describe in Successful Analytics. Verified Data automates the audit process, acting as an automated early protection system – finding issues, such as GDPR problems, bad or missing data etc., so you can fix them before they become serious. It is now a separate venture with its own dedicated team.
Google provided resources (free):
- Google Analytics Help Centre – www.google.com/support/googleanalytics
- Analytics Academy – Structured learning and the individual qualification test: Analytics Academy
- YouTube official GA channel – www.youtube.com/user/googleanalytics
- Official Google Analytics Blog – http://analytics.blogspot.com
- Official Google Analytics Google+ account
Google Analytics Certified Partners (paid help)
GACP partners are independent of Google and have a proven track record in their field, providing paid-for professional services such as strategic planning, custom installation, onsite or remote training, data analysis, and consultation: www.google.com/analytics/support_partner_provided.html
Other non-Google resources (free):
Google Analytics Google+ communities are managed by a group of avid enthusiasts and users – they are *not* official Google support forums but they are a great resource:
Comments (most recent first)
Buy the Book
Looking for Successful Analytics?
Launched January 2015, the latest book is Successful Analytics. Its a manager's guide to gettings things done right, understanding the process and getting results.